Courtesy

When someone makes possible plans with you isn't it common courtesy to make a call and cancel them or to postpone them?

I think yes and today I was mildly blown off. It feels kinda shitty.

I keep on telling myself it's not that big of a deal. But I am obviously bothered by it or I wouldnt think about it. So here I am now blogging about it. I am not devastated.

Perhaps I am looking for a reason to be upset or to throw a fit. I dont know. I was looking forward to it. So it's a disapointment. I heard the 'maybe' when the conversation was taking place and so why not let me know that it's 'maybe not going to happen today'?

Which 'maybe' anything I usually deem as BS in the first place...

In most ways I think I am a respectful person. So I have this expectation for other people. When someone calls and I dont answer - I call them back. If possible plans are made, I make a point to cancel them in a respectful fashion if something happened and I can not keep my word. If I have something unpleasant to say I try to be nice about it. Now, that last part may not always happen, but at least I can say I try.

In the end I think that people that don't reach out and do this are kinda rude. I think it careless & disrespectful of them. It's a simple phone call. It's not hard. So just fucking do it.

But yes, I was blown off, sort of.

And how does one go about pointing this out? Do I not go out with them next time an offer is extended? Do I just point blank say that I didnt like that? Do I go as far to tell them that since I am not important that the feeling is now mutual? I dont know. I am confusd. I start to think that if they have no care for me and my time then they are not worth spending time with anyways.

So there it is bitch # 789,253

~~~~~~

On a brighter note (he he) I was at the college today and was waiting to talk to a counseler. Well I overheard this guy talking about a class I had enrolled in. Well Mr. Guy rolls over to the table I am waiting at and takes a seat. As he was walking over I noticed he was hot and then that I knew him from middle school... I had a crush on him :D

Well he immediatly starts to fill out some school form and I ask him if he went to such and such school. He says yes. And then he stares all hard at me as to figure out if he knew me. I told him the story, we talked about the teacher and then I asked him what classes he's taking. He names the class I am in. We compare time and section #'s are low and behold we are in the same CIS class. YAY! Hot boy is in MY class. We talk and then he's going to another school dept to finish enrollment.

Maybe me and hot buy will sit together! And flirt and show each other our notes*.

Wishful thinking.

oh well. it helps.

Also I would like to say that I love my Mom and that although she has been able to fork out the cash for everything my little heart desires she did tried & did a fine job doing what she could. I love her very much. I have no idea where I would be if it were not for her. Sometime she can overly frustrate me and I dont like that when i have so much going on.

~~~~~~

I have not given a B report bc I have none. He's probably an ass. But at least I know he's been busy doing projects around his house that he 'wants to finish before I come over & says I'll be amazed'. Who knows what that is...

The good news is that I am moving on in my own way. Whatever way it goes is OK. I really have no desire to see him if it really is a done deal. Dont need to confuse myself. We are suppose to get together soon but who knows? I sure dont.

Since we are techinically not together at this point I am not living as if we are together. I havent really given out my number in the 'like ~ like you' sort of way. Don't think that is possible as of yet being that I was with him for 15mos. But I did give my number to an old friend that I used to work with that found me on the net. I always thought he was cute but never really did anything with it. I would like to just go out and have a good time. Maybe flirt and get to know what that feels like again. Is that bad? I dont think so. I havent flirted in soo long. I think it would be fun and feel good.

~~~~~

Another random:

Yesterday I was at the grocery store helping my Sister jump her car. She was all upset bc she thought at the time it was her alternater that went out and how expensive it would be and blah blah she was visably upset.

Well up walks up two girls. They have a name tag on from church. At first I think they are LDS or morman.

They ask if we need help and we say 'no thx' nicel and they sit there and stare. She starts to ask me if I have a relationship with Jesus Christ. Well instead of being rude & telling them I am not interested in thier version of God or Jesus Christ I think that if I tell them I am active in my own faith that they wont bother me about theirs. Well they tell me about where thier church is and yada yada. I tell them I was raised Catholic & out of curiousity ask what religion they are. They tell me Christian.

I think Oh ok.

And then she continues to ask if she can come back to my house to talk about Jesus & Christianity.

I know my scrunched up my nose and then said "you want to come to my house?"

She looks all nervous and says 'yes'.

I am thinking that I have never heard of other Christians being so out right about these sort of things especially after claiming my own 'faith'. They want to come over? Are they serious? They must be weirdos.

So I tell them that wouldnt work but to give me a card and maybe I'll visit the church, . They give me a card and list their #'s. Other words were exchanged and then they walked off.

I am sitting there like 'what the hell?' Christians dont do that! Not here anyways!

Well Sis and I leave and go home. We are later telling my Mom the story & Sis calls them Mormans. I corrected her saying "NO NO they were Christians".

She says "really?" all curious like...

I was all "yeah they were from 'The Church Of latter Day Saints. They were Christians."

Sweeten looks at me, laughs and says "Thats LDS Rachael. They were Morman, but the correct term is LDS ie Latter Day Saints."

I say "oh......(long pause) why didnt they just say that? They called themselves Christians?!"

Everyone laughs but me.

And that's how the LDS fooled me, and how I made myself seem very ignorant.

But i thought it was funny.

OK Ta ta.

6 comments:

  Becky

Wednesday, August 3, 2005 at 5:59:00 AM PDT

You should at least say something if you felt like they ditched you... You're a woman you know that it's not good to "bottle up" your feelings, lol. Glad to hear you have new prospects, dating is weird after you've been with someone so long, it really makes you feel old... Or so it did for me. Good luck never the less.

  Rachael

Wednesday, August 3, 2005 at 9:57:00 AM PDT

I dont know if the point of the story was caught.I thought I was being clear by calling myself ignorant....

I had asked specifially what kind of religion they were as in the domination but they stuck to Christian. There are just non-dominational Christian Churches here and so I was under that impression.

I have no problem with LDS. I have friends that are!

But like I meant in saying I was ingnorant and based on the content of the story is that I really believed they were just from a non dominational Christian church, not from an LDS church that is Christian and had I been more educated I maybe would have not been mistaken.

  Becky

Wednesday, August 3, 2005 at 10:02:00 AM PDT

Sorry if I jumped your shit at all, it wasn't my intention.

  Rachael

Wednesday, August 3, 2005 at 10:14:00 AM PDT

BTW I dont consider myself catholic, but i raised that. I just didnt want to tell those girls point blank that I wasnt interested. I dont like being the bad guy bc they were so nice.

Maybe I need to be more religion sensetive.

But on the other hand I can say that I do know that catholics are fucked. Obviously. We or they are the ones that are having all the pedi priests molesting little boys.

I know myself and I have my own beliefs and thats enough for me.

  Becky

Wednesday, August 3, 2005 at 10:35:00 AM PDT

Not to be a gramatical guru person, but it's "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints."

  mojoala

Thursday, August 4, 2005 at 8:27:00 AM PDT

If you have a so called friend that has committed to an outing with you and then cancels without calling you or emailing you to let you know, then you should really confront that friend. Otherwise I would not considered them a real friend. A real friend would have respect for you and let you know one way or another.

Good luck on stalking Mr. Guy! lol. I am joking about the stalking part.

Dear, you need to flush the B issue down the toilet....

I am Catholic. My brother is a Church of God( just one of many Protestant denominations) preacher. He believes Catholics are not christians because of all of the Mary statues in our churches.

Being Catholic in the south where there is a Protestant church on every other corner is hell.

You know how I handle people like that?

I say "OK, I will give you 20 minutes to speak to me about your aspect of christianity, but you have to give me the same amount of time without interruption to speak to you about Christian Catholicism"

This usually makes most very extremely nervous and will back out. And if they don't back off at that point I go on to say: "If your your faith believes that Catholics are not Christians, then they is nothing left to say and you should be own your way".

This has not worked only once. I had to sit and listen to Jehovah Witnesses for 20 minutes and they had to listen to me for 20 minutes. I had them shaking in their skins when I was finished. They have never been back to my house!

Hopes this advice works for you my sweetie.