Welcome Back

Shiiiiitttttt! It's been years since I have been back here! WOWZA! What inspired me to come back? OK seriously a friend and her sisters blog - http://seipasaurus.blogspot.com/.

Its good shit. Read it!

So I ended up here on good ole blogger, and so I tried my user name/PW and it logged me in! I thought my boring bullshit was stuck in public view forever! (I think i tried to get in once before and it didnt let me). The thought of never being able to all that crap down really bothered me since I aired out so much shit back then. But now I have the access! So now I guess I'll just leave that old shit for 3 reasons:

A) Its interesting for me to go back and read it every once in a while.
B) It would take forever to unpublished all those posts, but still save them for myself.
C) I don't want my blog to look so dang empty. Even if i was a weirdo back then (still am) and wrote about dumb stuff (probably still will)...

OK - so lets catch up for min...

After I stopped posting on here a few things have happened:

Almost 3 years went by...
I moved in with Blake....
I went back to work full time @ US Airways and got to travel around a bit across the US/Mexico...
Left US Air to go back to school ~ MCC - yeah!!!!
I now work part time doing accounting for some rich assholes.
Still live with Blake (5 yrs we have been together)
And wow - i read back to those old posts and i would have never thought my life would have ended up this way. Life is good, don't get me wrong. But the path always changes up on you...

So anyways, now i am a fatter, older (25yr old), hopefully wiser Rachael.
Still my same old self. Perhaps just more comfortable in my skin. I don't know - but whatever.

So something really sad happened this week; 97.1 Free FM was taken off the air. 97.1 was a FM talk radio station in California that I listen to via the net. Mornings were Adam Corolla (Which the edge did stream to us Arizonans) but then midday was Frosty, Heidi, and Frank, then a short segment w/ Danny Bonaduce, and then Leykius. I really like Corolla and FHF, and sometimes Bonaduce. It was what got me through my extremely boring days at work. And now they are no more.

CBS Radio took them off to start another top/pop 40 radio station. Ugh. Who needs any more of that shit, really?

So every ones last show was on Friday and I came to the depressing realization my life just got a little worse. I loved those shows. They were fun, but informative with current events and etc.

What will I do to ignore people that I don't want to talk to at work? I guess I could be one of those people that just sit at their desk with ear phones in and not really have anything on.

OK someone is going to being thinking - "Why doesn't she just listen to an mp3 player or another radio station?"
BECAUSE! Its not the same! I cant concentrate so well with music. And typically if i like a certain music it has some sort of emotional connection and then ill be totally distracted pondering the meanings of love and life, and maybe crying. So that's why.

So I am odd, and typically don't like music, unless it pulls on some emotion. So, sometimes I'll not want to be emotional (and that doesnt mean always crying - it was an exaggeration) and ill drive around with no sound on. --Yes, weird I know. Or it will be pop 40 music - that also allows me to not think. HA HA. But I cant listen to pop at work bc its like same 5 songs over and over and that drives me mad.
....So I just realized that i am sound very particular. Maybe i am.

Oh well. Anywho, what a sad day it was on Friday. And so to make things even more awkward for myself I did something totally thoughtless at work.

Wait - let me explain my work:

~I do accounting/Bookkeeping for about 11 different small companies for these rich asses that own them.

~My really good friend's husband (Friend= Beka, Her Husband = Eric) works there as the head accountant - Eric needed some help. I was doing accounting over at US Air...but wanted to go back to school and work less... so i moved over to be able to go back to school. I work 32 hrs a wk around my classes.

~So covering that - I thought it might have been weird to work with Beka's hubby (one of my best friends husband) but its not bad. We have our moments and then we get over them. I see them just about every weekend so Eric and I see each other sometimes seemingly constantly. I think we see more of each other then we see our spouses. But its all good.

~So anyways - Eric and I share our room with the office manager. She is this tiny little screwy crazy lady that has a high pitched cackle thats uber annoying. Also, she plays the 20 question game about your life, she's nosy, and also the owners pet. But being that we spend 8 hrs a days somtimes within a few feet of each other, conversations roll and sometimes things get comfortable. I like her most of the time - but she is def a spaz! And will throw you under the bus to the bosses in a heart beat - sometimes with you standing there. Luckily I was warned bf I had a personal exp. but ive seen it.

OK OK - so the gist is that i work with my best friends husband for these rich asses, who've hired crack lady to manage the office.

SO- Friday was a loooonnnggg day. My radio show was going buh-bye, I was worn out, frazzled by something stupid that happened at work, just plain worned out by the week of school and work, everything else in between. I guess I was feeling a little bitter about the job at the moment and 5 o'clock hit and I looked up and said:

"Well it's 5 O'clock, Fuck this place, fuck you guys, I'm going home." to JJ (crack lady) & Eric.

I immediatly wanted to cram the words back down my throat from which they came. But it was too late. I probably at this moment turned an even more pastier white then i am already.

JJ was quick on the draw. But she surprised me. She said: " Tell me how you really feel!"

I laughed and said "I was just kidding, i love yous" (eric and her) and tried to sweep it up with a laugh and a joke.

I am not sure if it worked. But my cheeks were burning on the car ride home - wondering if I had a job on monday.

Relief came when Beka called a few hours later. She and Eric wanted me to come over for some wine and beers. I couldnt join, I have to much to do this weekend, and everytime of go over there i get too fucked up and stay up till 430am which ruins my weekend productivity. But the invite was enough to ensure me all must be OK. OH and Eric apologized through Beka to me regarding some mix up at work. So obviously my heavy remarks did not faze him. TG!!!!

I really was astounded that those words came out of my mouth so easily. Like the runs when you are sick, and yet I got no relief afterwards like other does....

OK So i think that was pretty good for my first one back.

Wow, and thanks for making it down this far.

3 comments:

  Becky

Saturday, February 21, 2009 at 7:19:00 PM PST

Yay! You're back! It is funny looking back at old posts and seeing things we said. I actually went through and just unpublished a bunch of the incriminating ones to keep for my eyes only. It took a day or two, but it was worth it.

I'm glad that you're back in school! Usually when a person quits and says they're going to go back they never do, but you did it. Good job on defying the odds!

Hope you keep up the posts! I love that you're back! YAY again!

  Becky

Saturday, February 21, 2009 at 7:23:00 PM PST

Oh yea, most of our blogger buddies have come and gone by now. Exseno is the only one besides me that is still on here. You would like Honkeie's blog, it's on my link list under Feeling Stoopid. He came around right after you left. His blog always makes me laugh.

  S-REX

Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 7:05:00 AM PST

omg - keep bloggin dear. It's amazing how much can change ina few short years, huh?
MWAH!