Just my luck

Hey everyone, Rachael here. (as it is always)

OK for an update of my L.I.F.E.

So I went to work monday, all was well.
Went to work on Tuesday and all was not well.
I got laid off, let go, termed whatever. :(

They told me that they just didnt have enough stuff for me to do, & that it didnt make sense from a business stand point to keep me there. So they were emliminating the position all together. Which was true all I did was sit around and do random stuff, and the mail/fundings. But mostly just sat around.

But the thing that I am questioning is that on monday it was said that the big guy's - wife's camera and corporate folder (that had tax ids and other shit in it) went missing. I hope they didnt 'let me go' bc they thought I stole it. I didn't even think to say anything about it till after I was home. I surely would not steal someones camera and work folder.

So once again I am on the great job hunt. It sucks. But this time, I am not going to try and find another admin job. I talked w/ my Gram and she is going to let me use her as a reference and say that I worked at her bar. Which I didnt, but they dont have to know that. I am going to be a cocktail waitress. YAY. I'll probably make some $$, but it wasnt ideally what I wanted.

B and I are over too. I gave the no go and we are done. He said he was sorry and blah blah & that it was hard to 'let go'. I am upset about it. So I am going to stop here about that topic.

So I am off on another wild adventure to find another job and maybe after some time is gone by I will date again.

I might sell my car to get rid of the expense and drive the old intrepid that guzzles gas.

I want my life to be stable so I can continue with my school thing. Which I am very much enjoying.

That is the update.

9 comments:

  t~

Thursday, September 1, 2005 at 5:41:00 PM PDT

best of luck in all endeavors...

  EXSENO

Thursday, September 1, 2005 at 6:27:00 PM PDT

Oh Rachael,
I am so sorry I know the last thing you needed right now was to lose your job. Screw them. Maybe it's some sort of blessing in disguse and you will find an even better paying job. Take care. I love you and have faith in you, go get em girl.

  mojoala

Friday, September 2, 2005 at 5:55:00 AM PDT

I am personally glad you and B are over. There are better guys out there who will worship the ground you tread....

As for the job thing, most definitely sorry to hear that. Good luck on the hunt....

  Becky

Friday, September 2, 2005 at 6:18:00 AM PDT

Sorry to hear about your job, but glad to hear that you're okay... And I have to agree with Mojo, there are plenty of guys out there who I'm sure will treat you like the princess you are! :-D I hope you continue to make good decisions, trust in the fact that they will eventually pay off for you! But it does usually gets worse before it gets better, but don't let that crap discourage you.... It will all pay off, so long as you're the same loving, considerat, sweet, and smart person I know you to be! :-D GOOD LUCK!!

  nlk

Friday, September 2, 2005 at 12:09:00 PM PDT

sorry, luv.

i hope your sucky endings inspire fabulous beginnings.

  Anonymous

Friday, September 2, 2005 at 2:35:00 PM PDT

ugh... the summer is over-- good things are ahead.

  Kirubakaran A

Friday, September 2, 2005 at 3:29:00 PM PDT

Hey... I was just as bored and was roaming around in the blogspace...

Not judging u... can identify with several things that u r saying... all the very best!

Have fun!!!

.:|Kirubakaran|:.

  Becky

Saturday, September 3, 2005 at 7:21:00 AM PDT

Hey Rachael...





I LOVE YOU!!! :-D Hey come on over to my blog, and fill out the little questionaire, you can post on your blog... It cheered me up to do it myself, now everyone can know a little more about me, I'd like to know all your answers too! :-D Have a good weekend, wish you all the luck in the world!

All my best,
Becky ;-)

  David Stehle

Saturday, September 3, 2005 at 2:26:00 PM PDT

I had a couple different jobs during college. I bartended for awhile and then I worked in a pet store. Ok, stop laughing. Both jobs were fun and I did make good money from them at the time. Bartending I worked on an hourly wage and of course tips. The pet store I worked on an hourly wage plus commission. I was a good little liquor mixer and pet salesman so I couldn't complain much in terms of what I made for the amount of hours I worked.